Sunday, May 07, 2006

rundown of Fassika (late but oh well)


Friday – spent it with friends including a Fassika (seen here driving) and a brief trip to the Concord Hotel. Veeeeery interesting.


Saturday – woke up to the sound of a goat (seen here patiently awaiting imminent death). Went to a meeting at the school, came back home to find the boyfriend wishing for imminent death: “I wish the lord would take me.”




Sunday – More animals heading to my neighbourhood/death. I wore my habesha libs for the first time ever to father in law’s house where we ate breakfast, went for a short drive to have a break from the fam, came back and also ate lunch. Changed out of skirt into jeans. Went to mother in law’s for dinner where my small stomach was a further disappointment to her.


Monday – attempted to use my day off productively and went to the embassy where the boyfriend left my passport. The important passport holder lady was not in so I was advised to come another day. Hard to do when you work all week and the embassy closes at noon. Spent some time at Kaldi’s reading and drinking coffee and feeling like I was almost in Canada.


In summation – ate too much. I ate part of that goat later in the week and it was rather tasty if I didn’t let myself make any connections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home