Sunday, January 22, 2006

an attempt at an update

As follow up to my previous email requesting Canadian assistance for the people of Ethiopia, I am writing to express my disappointment at receiving no further response from Foreign Affairs. As you indicated (Canada's Ambassador to Ethiopia met with the Ethiopian Minister of Foreign Affairs on November 2nd) there was a meeting between these two groups. I am now wondering what steps the Canadian government has taken, if any, in this regard. I have not heard of any sanctions (or other measures) but if I am mistaken, I would appreciate being informed. Additionally, the Canadian embassy is having a barbeque this coming Saturday. Beyond warnings during particular violent times in the city, we have not been well informed about Canada's stand on the issue.

The situation continues in Ethiopia. Soon the opposition leaders and members will be subject to trial for treason. Please ensure this issue does not slip in priority. To quote Stockwell Day (something few Canadians would indeed do), "The Liberal Government should have already been working to broker peace between the Ethiopian Government and Opposition Parties and supporters."

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home