Saturday, December 03, 2005

tis the season


( on my list)

I’m vaguely aware the Christmas season is upon us. There’s no snow here, no marketing frenzy and no tangible contact with family to remind me that Christmas is less than a month away. I was excited about going to a German Christmas bizarre that happened – but our Sunday was wasted supervising the worker dudes who put a closet in our bedroom. (The closet is exciting though. Our clothes have been piled in my giant luggage for the past six months and it’s hard to feel permanent somewhere if the luggage is in sight.) The boyfriend doesn’t like Christmas so I was going to entice him into going to the bizarre with promises of bratwurst and schnitzel.

This will be my first Christmas sans family. It’s hard to think about this year just because I know they’ll be getting together like the days of yore for movie watching, good food eating (mmm chocolate logs), “Blue Christmas” (oo-oo-oo-oo-oo) fun.

If anyone has ideas for super simple Chirstmas ornaments, please let me know. I will make Christmas happen. Christmas is forced upon us in Canada, why not do it here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home