Saturday, March 25, 2006

can't wait for saturday

My Saturday afternoon is quickly dwindling away while we spend time waiting for the car to be jimmied open by (my guess) a former car thief. The keys got locked inside. But no luck. Looks as if we might have to break a window.

I’ve been looking forward to today all week. I think I’ve made some lady friends. Yes, yes it’s all very exciting. It was confirmed last week when I went with a woman I work with to eat chocolate cake. It’s the sacred ritual shared between women when we tell each other of this place and that worthy of visiting to satisfy our base cravings. (Mostly) all the kindygarten teachers are going out for dinner tonight to be followed by drinks(cancelled due to rain). I think there’s something similar about our ragtag group for all of us to be living in Addis, working and attempting to make a normal life for ourselves. Lady energy…it’s a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home