Saturday, February 18, 2006

flies season

My little brother once wrote me an email telling me “it has been hot as of late” and mentioning “the cherry season is upon us”.

So it’s been hot here as of late. But it’s not cherry season. No, no, it’s time for flies. Flies of different sizes. The big ones that fly around the house all day in the same path and make a rather loud noise when they bump into the windows but never seem to find the open window to escape. The small flies that hover in the centre of the room doing the same odd square-like path over and over and over. The flies that like to land near your ears, mouth, nose, on your legs and arms and proceed to walk across your skin even though they can fly. I hate them and it annoys me to no end. There seem to be a lot at the school which maybe makes sense because of all the kids. Or maybe there’s a farm nearby where they originate from heaps of manure, dead carcass, or dirty eyha skin. I feel like I’ll turn into some crazed woman, constantly swatting and putting my mouth at awkward angles to blow the flies away. This is one of the few times when I’ve thought having a tail might be advantageous, which may or may not look better than ‘crazy’. There is talk that another rainy season is coming so I’m hoping that will end my torture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home